Foundation Awards $1 Million-plus in 3rd-Quarter Grants
The Initiative Foundation and its hosted Partner Funds delivered 129 grants during the third quarter of 2023 totaling more than $1 million.
The third-quarter effort included 26 grants for a total of $639,619 to support businesses in Brainerd, Cold Spring, Little Falls, Long Prairie, Pine River and St. Cloud as part of the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development’s (DEED) Minnesota Main Street Economic Revitalization program. When distributions are complete, the Foundation will have awarded a total of $4.5 million to established corridors in these six communities. See the full list of grantees.
Initiative Foundation-hosted Partner Funds during the third quarter awarded 85 grants totaling more than $290,000. Among other efforts, these grants supported early childhood programming, housing for homeless families, and furniture for low-income families. See the full list of grantees.
The Initiative Foundation also awarded 18 grants totaling more than $101,050. The grants help to provide domestic violence support and outreach, fundraising training and a mental health forum. See the list of Initiative Foundation grants awarded.
“During the third quarter of 2023, we were honored to offer support to organizations doing great work in Central Minnesota,” said Don Hickman, Initiative Foundation interim co-president. “We have great partners across our region working to launch innovative projects to support those most in need, from the homeless to children and senior citizens.”
View the summary below for highlights of third-quarter 2023 Initiative Foundation and Partner Fund grants. For a more comprehensive listing, visit our grant awards page.
Initiative Foundation Awards
The following organizations were among those receiving Initiative Foundation grants during the months of July, August and September 2023:
- RiverWorks—Thrift Store Expansion and Capacity Building: $5,000 to expand a food shelf program that serves Rockford residents.
- Over The Hills of Avon—Avon Community Center Feasibility Study: $3,750 for a feasibility study to establish an Avon-area community center.
- Rivers of Hope—Domestic Violence Outreach and Education: $5,000 to support a business outreach program to help employers better understand the needs of domestic violence victims and to provide support in the workplace.
Partner Fund Awards
The Initiative Foundation hosts a variety of Partner Funds created by families, businesses, nonprofits and volunteer-led groups. The following grants were among those made by our Partner Funds during the months of July, August and September 2023:
- Three Rivers Community Foundation: $5,000 to Community Aid of Elk River for its Kids Weekend Package Program.
- Morrison County Area Foundation: $1,000 to Hands of Hope Resource Center to support mental health services for victims of domestic and sexual violence.
- Memorial Hospital Foundation Serving Greater Isanti County: $5,000 to Children’s Dental Services, Inc., to support dental care for children, pregnant women and families in Central Minnesota.
Learn more on our grant awards page.